Alzheimer’s disease effects millions of Americans and can have a tremendous impact on not only the person suffering from it but their loved ones as well. Here are just a few facts from the Alzheimer’s Association® we would like to share with you about Alzheimer’s and it’s effect on Americans nationwide.
* An estimated 5.7 million Americans of all ages are living with Alzheimer’s.
* Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States, and the fifth-leading cause of death among individuals age 65 and older.
* In 2017, 16.1 million Americans provided an estimated 18.4 billion hours of unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, a contribution valued at over $232 billion.
* In 2018, Alzheimer’s and other dementias will cost the nation $277 billion.
* An accurate and professional diagnosis could save households up to $7.9 trillion in medical costs.